Study Visa Information
Study Visa is required in case you wish to enter Russia to study in any Russian University or attend short term courses. Student visa can be valid for up to 90 days and can be issued for single or double entry. Dates of validity of the visa will correspond with the dates mentioned on your letter of invitation issued by the Russian Federal Migration Service or based on the decision of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Required documents for Study Visa:
- Valid international passport recognized by the Russian Federation with at least two blank pages for visas and a copy of its main page. The passport should be valid for a minimum of 18 months after visa expiration date. If you do not have a blank page to which a visa can be affixed, a new passport must be obtained before submitting your application.
- Fully completed application form (visa.kdmid.ru) signed by the applicant.
- A recent photo 3x4 cm glued to the indicated space on the application form.
- For non-Saudi nationals: proof of residence in Saudi Arabia or work/study permit issued by Saudi authorities valid for at least 90 days. Citizens of the following countries must have permanent resident status in Saudi Arabia to apply for a Russian visa in Riyadh: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Georgia, India, Iraq, Iran, Sri Lanka, China, North Korea, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Ruanda, Syria, Somalia, Chad and Ethiopia.
- Original invitation issued by an appropriate Russian Federation Migration Service branch.
- HIV Test (AIDS) Certificate taken within the last three months. HIV Test (AIDS) Certificate should still be valid for 15- 30 days on the day of application.
- Current diploma or educational certificate (by request).
- A confirmation of the payment arrangement directly from the University, Institute or College, you are going to study at (by request).
- Consular fee payment.