Tourist Visa Information
Tourist Visa is required in case you enter Russian Federation for tourism purposes. Tourist visa can be valid for up to 30 days and can be issued for single or double entry, dates of validity of the visa will correspond with the dates mentioned on your tourist confirmation.
A period of 1 month is required to issue a tourist visa for citizens of Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Vietnam. Thus, mentioned citizens can apply only for non-urgent tourist visas.
Required documents for Tourist Visa:
1. Valid international passport recognized by the Russian Federation with at least two blank pages for visas and a copy of its main page. The passport should be valid for a minimum of six months after visa expiration date. If you do not have a blank page to which a visa can be affixed, a new passport must be obtained before submitting your application.
2. Fully completed application form (visa.kdmid.ru) signed by the applicant.
3. A recent photo 3x4 cm glued to the indicated space on the application form.
4. For non-Saudi nationals: proof of residence in Saudi Arabia or work/study permit issued by Saudi authorities valid for at least 90 days. Citizens of the following countries must have permanent resident status in Saudi Arabia to apply for a Russian visa in Riyadh: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Georgia, India, Iraq, Iran, Sri Lanka, China, North Korea, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Ruanda, Syria, Somalia, Chad and Ethiopia.
5. 'Tourist confirmation' document (can be obtained through your hotel or an approved travel agency which deals with trips to Russia, and should be valid for the entire duration of your trip).
6. Medical insurance certificate valid for Russia for all period of stay (for citizens of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Cyprus, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland).
7. Consular fee payment.
8. For double-entry Tourist Visa (can be granted only if the following conditions are met: in between of entries into Russia a foreigner is visiting only a neighboring country (countries); the purpose of travel to this country (countries) is tourism):
- A visa to the third country (countries) or an official document proving that visa is not required to enter it. (Thus you are to apply for a visa to the third country prior to your application for a Russian visa. No assurance that a visa will be obtained after the Russian visa is received or in the territory of Russia will be taken into consideration and the documents will be returned.)
- Full itinerary of your journey and tickets with a "confirmed" status for every entry and departure to/from Russia.
9. Applicants going for auto tourism should enclose the Registration Certificate of the vehicle they intend to travel by and covering letter mentioning the details of the journey, itinerary and names of the accompanying travelers.
Do not require a visa: tourists traveling on board large cruise ships, if the following conditions are met:
- The overall period of their stay on the Russian territory for no more than 3 days (72 hours),
- They stay overnight onboard of the cruise ship,
- They go ashore only as a part of a group of passengers on the excursions organized by the cruise company.