ON RESUMPTION OF VISA ISSUE AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO RUSSIA
According to the amendments made on May 24th, 2021 to the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation № 635-r dated March 16, 2020, the entry ban for foreign nationals no longer applies to Saudi Citizens and foreigners with Permanent Residence Permit (iqama).
The above-mentioned categories can apply for all types of Russian visas, including tourist, general business and study visas, and enter the territory of the Russian Federation.
Please, note the following requirements for entry into the Russian Federation from the territory of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
1. Saudi Citizens and Permanent Residents can only arrive in the Russian Federation via the countries with which regular direct flights to Russian airports are resumed:
Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, Switzerland, the UAE, Maldives, Egypt, Belarus, Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Korea, Cuba, Serbia, Japan, Seychelles, Ethiopia, Vietnam, India, Qatar, Finland, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Greece, Singapore, Venezuela, Germany, Syria, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Sri-Lanka, Iceland, Malta, Mexico, Portugal.
2. Foreign citizens travelling to the Russian Federation, including passengers in transit through Russian airports, upon check-in and boarding must submit a medical document (in Russian or in English) confirming the negative result of a COVID-19 PCR test of one's material collected no earlier than 3 (three) calendar days before one's arrival in the Russian Federation. This can be presented in printed or in electronic form with the text being easily legible.
If the medical document cannot be presented in Russian or in English, it can be presented in the official language of the state of registration of the organisation that has issued it with its translation into Russian the accuracy of which is certified by a consular official of the Russian Federation.
3. Permanent Residents must provide a document proving their right for long-term stay in Saudi Arabia;
Both a PCR-test result and evidence of long-term stay must be submitted to the Russian border control service officers upon arrival, otherwise passengers will not be allowed to enter the Russian Federation.
4. An application form for those who are on flights to the Russian Federation for border crossing. Before arriving in the Russian Federation, for the purposes of ensuring the sanitary and quarantine control at the Russian Federation ports of entry, an application form should be filled in for those who are on flights to the Russian Federation for border crossing. This application form must be presented together with the negative COVID-19 PCR test to a representative of Rospotrebnadzor upon arrival to the Russian Federation.
5. Quarantine or additional PCR-test upon arrival in Russia for foreign nationals is not required unless conditioned by your sponsoring party in Russia. Vaccination certificate does not substitute the PCR-test, the requirement is mandatory for all foreigners entering Russia.
In accordance with clause 5 of the order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated March 16, 2020 No. 635-r, the processing and issuance of electronic visas of all categories to foreign citizens has been temporarily suspended.
Requirements for all types of visas:https://riyadh.mid.ru/en/consular-services/visas/